Ticker

15/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

You call it stealing of songs, I call it vibe – Kuami Eugene tells critics || GhMusicPro



Kuami Eugene, on the latest episode of “One Show” on Oneplay + with Tilly Akua Nipaa, has touched on several interesting and controversial aspects of his art.


The singer took the time to analyze what it means to create a song with ambience, which is generally known as sampling.



 

“There is something they call vibe, it doesn’t necessarily mean sampling. Most of the songs you think I sampled aren’t even sampled; they were vibes. But there is nothing new under the sun.” he said.


Speaking on his Afrohighlife EP, he said: “I want to be known as that guy who was able to put up with highlife music, … I don’t like it when people ask me, do you think highlife is dead?” Naa, I don’t like listening to things like that, that means if I dedicate 80% of my time to highlife music, I won’t give up highlife music, one day I’ll leave and there will be people trying to be like me. I think it is better to leave footprints that they can follow rather than erase everything that is happening and jump into Afrobeats. ”


Kuami Eugene also used vivid real-life examples to explain how his love of foreign music affects them as Ghanaian artists.

Post a Comment

0 Comments